There was a day when we had some great sledding snow. One adventurous young man hit a tree and ended up in the ER. Thanks to our God it was not a head injury or a spinal injury. But a gash in the leg can be pretty scary. It was about the size of a small egg and it was really open. Now he has an amazing scar. We still are doing wound care to get it completely closed. I see this scar/wound and it is such a permanent, angry mark. But I think I will always remember what it looked like when it was open. And I remember how gentle and merciful our God has been to us. He protected my adventurous one's head. Ever since the initial wound, He has been healing the skin to cover the injury. He has protected the wound from infection. Now, He has given all who see this wound a reminder of His mercy to us.
Psalm 116:5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yes our God is merciful.
No comments:
Post a Comment