Tomorrow is Departure Day. Today is the DayBeforeDeparture Day! We will make our last minute purchases and our last minute preparations. My real goal for the day is to get ready enough. The car is clean and the oil is changed. Thanks Mom! I slept enough last night and I am not exhausted before we start. Thanks Mom! We even managed to eat some veggies for supper last night and we will have more tonight so we are not trying to live on quick junk food. Thanks Mom! One of my errands is to buy a camera that one of my explorers has been wanting. Thanks Mom!
My mom was here yesterday. That was TheDayBeforeTheDayBeforeDeparture Day. She ran my carpool route and stopped and had the oil changed and the car washed and she took the kids out for lunch and she brought us turkey vegetable soup and she left money for a camera and some extra things the kids want to take on their exploration.
No, you cannot have her.
I did not think that 2 days before Departure Day was a good day for her to be here, but she planned on coming. We already had too much going on, but she planned on coming. It turns out that it was perfect for me. It turns out that I do not have to be the one to take the car to the carwash/oil change and I do not have to be the one who takes the kids to all their carpool stops and I do not have to arrange for all the good suppers we have and I do not have to make a sister loan her camera to a brother that may not be dependable with her camera.
Thanks, Mom! We will send you a postcard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment