So, we like the thinkier in Night at the Musuem 2 who says, "I"m thinking, I'm thinking...." He does not come up with a wrong answer because he is still in deep contemplation. I feel like so much of what we do should still be in the thinking stage, but we are already doing it anyway and I wish I could think some more. But life is messy and we do not get to keep thinking, we have to go and do the best that we can with the thoughts that we have been able to have -- not enough though they may be.
We have an opportunity to go exploring this week. Actually it is a committment to go exploring with a group and we have been planning it for months. Still two days before we go, I would like more time to plan and think about what we want to explore. What I remember is that if I could put it off until I was "ready," I would never go because I would never feel really "ready." Today the suitcases had to be loaded and sent ahead and as soon as they were out of sight, I wanted them back so I could re-think all the decisions that have gone into packing. Like I even had time to think about it in the first place!
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in trouble.
What a comfort that our God is our refuge and help and our strength -- not my (feeble) ability to think.
I am not "ready," but I cannot wait to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment