Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back Home

We got home last night and it is so nice to be back. The exploration was great and we had a blast. Now today is the day of much time in the laundry room. Some of these clothes have been marinating all week and may never really be rid of the effects of the beach. So far I have washed the first load 3 times and it still carries the aura (odor) of low tide.

When the exploring caravan pulled in to our final stop last night, it was so sweet to see our family there waiting to see us and running to greet us. We have been missing them all week and it was so delightful to be together again. Today, one of the older ones has gone on an exploration opportunity and we are missing him now. I know he will have a great time and be so, so busy. I am looking forward to meeting his return caravan and running (walking quickly) to greet him with a giant hug like he had for all of us last night.

While I was away from two of the kids this week, they grew up a little more and I know that by next week when we see our last explorer, he will have grown up even more. This will be his first exploring opportunity to participate rather than watch and I know that he will learn so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment